About Me

My photo
I'm on a quest to discover who am I and who I want to be. I'm here to help keep my friends motivated on their path to recovery... a path that I'm on as well :)

Sunday, April 25, 2010

change your mind, change your life

Good morning lovies!!!

Today I thought I would start off with some inspirational quotes....

"If you always do what you always did, then you always get what you always got"

"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"

"“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but everybody can move forwards and make a new ending."


The last one was from a lovely person who posts quotes on my formspring :)

Another beautiful day called for another outdoor photo shoot! Now i'm gonna feel bad for my readers when I have to take pics of my outfits inside because those pics aren't as cool haha I'm gonna split them up again since I have a bunch of pics.. :P

Striped white and black Cardi and chunky white and gold necklace from London, black romper, black tights, black short motorcycle boots, and a HIGH bun. haha







Recently i've been feeling SO motivated for recovery, and I think i'm doing pretty well in my attempts :)
I keep thinking about my life and wondering what I want from it.. do I want to enjoy myself? do I want to be healthy? do I want to have friends? do I want others to enjoy my company? do I want to LIVE?... answer: yes! so why am I still letting ED tell me that all I want is to be THIN? Their is SO much more to live for then perfecting your appearance.
I want to be able to smile with true feelings underneath, laugh with happiness beaming from my soul, and go through day to day knowing I'm HERE, I'm LIVING, and I'm FREE to make choices that will make me a happy healthy person.


Reflect on your life. What makes you happy? do you know? do you even know yourself? <---- these are questions I asked myself at the begging of this week, and i'm still searching for the answers. I know what should technically make me happy, but I don't know who I am, or what I truly like. I want to start to taste foods with out the thought swirling around my head "you should like this because its low cal.. even if it doesn't taste as good as the other thing.. you should like it better." ED has been such a part of my life for as long as I can remember.. he made most of my decisions and choices in my life.. almost like a parent. BUT, i'm 18 now, an adult, fully capable and legal to make my own decisions. I need to be set out on my own... and be free to make choices and mistakes on my own.. away from my parents, and away from ED.

Thats all for today kiddos, I have to go to work but thought I would post a quicky entry while I'm feeling so motivated! (not that this feeling wont last or anything.. :P )

Enjoy your day!!! its a bit rainy and dreary out, so indoor activities (aka shopping) are screaming my name!!! :D

xoxo
-A <3

5 comments:

  1. Great motivating post on such a rainy dreary day - i love the quotes - exactly what i needed this morning!!!!! I agree today is definately a day for shopping!!!!! So happy to hear you are doing well!!!!!
    Have a great Sunday - xoxo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post....i wish i could feel that.
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post!! It is great to see you so positive, you can do this girl!!!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you are doing better! I don't know if this was in your last post or this one (I just read them both) but that really sucks about your friend. I mean, the people I care about -- I'd be with them through anything. And rather than abandon them when struggling, I'd definitely put effort towards helping them. I hope you have stronger, more positive influences in your life!

    And you look so beautiful in your pictures! I'm struggling with the preoccupation of being thin, too. I recently gained some (much needed) weight and I still have more to go, but I'm struggling with accepting it and that's hard.

    ALL MY LOVE!
    ♥Alexandra

    ReplyDelete